I Did Not Implicate Anyone, Says Dasuki | WakaWaka Reporters

I Did Not Implicate Anyone, Says Dasuki

Former National Security Adviser (NSA), Col. Sambo Dasuki (Rtd), has denied ever making any statement implicating anyone or group in the allegation of $2.1billion arms purchase deal brought against him by the federal government.

Dasuki, who is still in the custody of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), was said to have made the statement to the anti-graft agency and allegedly named some former governors of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and chieftains of the party, among others, as accomplices in the alleged deal.

Dasuki, who spoke through his lawyer, Mr. Ahmed Raji (SAN), yesterday, said he never made such statement or named anyone to the EFCC and wondered where the authors of the report got their information from.

“I was with Dasuki yesterday (Wednesday) when the purported statement was made. I wish to make a categorical statement that my client never made any statement of such nature or named anybody or group in any statement.

“Quote me anywhere, Dasuki has not done anything like that. It is absolutely untrue. It is the figment of the imagination of the author aimed at creating falsehood for reasons best known to them and Nigerians should disregard them.

“They are just out to scandalise the man, bring his image and character into disrepute so that his friends and well-wishers will run away from him. They want him deserted and that will fail”, Raji said.

During yesterday’s proceedings in court, the federal government appointed a private legal practitioner, Mr. Oladipupo Okpeseyitan (SAN), to prosecute Dasuki.

Okpeseyitan, after announcing his appearance, told the trial judge, Justice Adeniyi Ademola that he had filed a motion for stay of execution of the ruling of the court which granted Dasuki permission to travel abroad for medical treatment.

He applied to the court to put the ruling on hold pending the outcome of the appeal in the matter.

Raji, in his reply, told the court that he had just been served with the motion in court, adding that he needed time to respond to the motion.

The case has been fixed for December 8, 2015 for hearing.