Perhaps, one of the most popular veteran actors in the movie industry right now who has as much presence in the Yoruba films as in English films is no other than Prince Jide Kosoko.
He has been acting for more than six decades. He is so talented and considered by colleagues to be a chameleon when it comes to assuming characters to translate his roles.
Jide Kosoko is 62 today, January 12. To celebrate the actor here are five things you probably didn’t know about him.
- Jide Kosoko was born on January 12, 1954 in Lagos to the Kosoko royal family of Lagos Island.
- He studied business administration at Yaba College of Technology.
- He began his acting career as a child actor in 1964 in a television production Makanjuola.
- He has featured in several Nollywood movies of both English and Yoruba Genres.
- He is married to two wives; Karimat and Henrietta with children and grandchildren.
Some of his major movies are ‘The Meeting’, ‘Last Flight To Abuja’, ‘The Figurine’, ‘Jenifa‘, ’Bolode O Ku’, ‘Kanyinsola’, ‘Oogun Aje’, and ‘Omo Iya Meta Leyi’.
Happy Birthday Jide Kosoko!