August 23, was the birthday of the popular Nollywood actress and producer, and Pulse Nigeria has put together 5 things you probably didn’t about her.
- The filmmaker was born Rukayat Akinsanya on August 23, in Ikorodu, Lagos State.
- Rukky studied Banking and Finance at Lagos State University.
- She began her acting career in 2004 while still a student, with the movie ‘Angel and the Beast,’ and continued after graduation in 2007
- CEO of her production company ‘Rukky Sanda Studios,’ her first self-produced movie was ‘Lethal Woman.’.
- Rukky is also a director! She co- directed Lovelor, The Search among others.
- In 2012, the actress and Tonto Dike jointly donated N1million to a cancer patient for her treatment.
- Rukky doesn’t care about how ‘controversial’ people think she is – “I am not interested in any negativity. I am only concentrating on my career,’ She once said in an interview.