President Muhammadu Buhari has approved the appointment of 18 new Permanent Secretaries in Nigeria’s Federal Civil Service, replacing earlier sacked ones.
The President also approved the deployment of the Permanent Secretaries, collapsed some Ministries and announced the establishment of new ones.
The new ministries are; Information and Culture, Budget and National Planning, Agriculture and Rural Development.
Although no reason was given for the decision, the spokesman for the President, Mr Femi Adesina, said that the appointments and deployments were with immediate effect.
The newly appointed Permanent Secretaries are Mrs Ayotunde Adesugba, Mr Mahmoud Isa-Dutse, Mr Taiwo Abidogun, Dr. Bukar Hassan, Mrs Wakama Belema Asifieka, Mr Jalal Ahmad Arabi, Mr Sabiu Zakari, Mrs Obiageli Phyllis Nwokedi and Mr Aminu Nabegu.
Others are Mr Bamgbose Olukunle Oladele, Mr Alo Williams Nwankwo, Dr. Shehu Ahmed, Mr Ogbonnaya Innocent Kalu, Mrs Nuratu Jimoh Batagarawa, Mr Christian Chinyeaka Ohaa, Mr Bassey Apkanyung, Mr Louis Edozien and Dr. Ugo Roy.
A statement by Mr Adesina gave a breakdown of the deployment, as approved by President Buhari.
Breakdown of Deployment
- Dr. Shehu Ahmad – Federal Ministry of Agric & Rural Development
- Arch Sunday Echono – Federal Ministry of Communications
- Alh. Sabiu Zakari – Federal Ministry of Transportation
- Mrs. Ayotunde Adesugba – Federal Ministry of Information & Culture
- Amb. Danjuma Sheni – Federal Ministry of Defence
- Dr. Shade Yemi-Esan – Federal Ministry of Education
- Mrs. Fatima Mede – Budget & National Planning
- Alh. Mahmoud Isa Dutse – Federal Ministry of Finance
- Amb. Bulus Lolo – Federal Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Dr. Amina Shamaki – Federal Ministry of Health
- Mr. Aliyu Bisalla – Federal Ministry of Industry, Trade & Investment
- Mr. Bassey Akpanyung – Federal Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Mr. Taiwo Abidogun – Federal Ministry of Justice
- Dr. Habiba Lawal – Federal Ministry of Science & Tech.
- Dr. Clement Illoh – Federal Ministry of Labour & Productivity
- Dr. Jamila Shu’ara – Federal Ministry of Petroleum Resources
- Mrs. Binta Bello – Federal Ministry of Women Affairs
- Dr. Babatope Ajakaiye – Federal Capital Territory
- Mrs. Rabi Jimeta – Federal Ministry of Water Resources
- Dr. Bukar Hassan – Federal Ministry of Environment
- Mrs. Wakama B. Asifieka – Federal Ministry of Niger Delta Affairs
- Mr. Istifanus Fuktur – Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals
- Mr. Christian Ohaa – Federal Ministry of Youth & Sports
- Engr. A.G. Magaji – Federal Ministry of Works & Housing
- Mr. Louis Edozien – Federal Ministry of Power
- Mr. Jalal Arabi – State House
- Mr. Mohammed Bukar – General Services Office, OSGF
- Mr. Abbas Mohammed – Ecological Fund Office, OSGF
- Dr. Ugo Roy – Council Secretariat
- Mr. Aminu Nabegu – Special Services Office, OSGF
- Amb. Bamgbose Akindele – Political Affairs Office, OSGF
- Mr. Alo Williams Nwankwo – Economic Affairs Office, OSGF
- Mrs. Obiageli Nwokedi – Special Duties Office, OSGF
- Mr. Innocent Ogbonnaya -Career Management Office, OHCSF
- Mr. S.K.Y. Adelakun – Common Services Office, OHCSF
- Mrs. N. Batagarawa – Service Policy & Strategies Office, OHCSF
President Buhari had earlier ordered the mass retirement of 17 Permanent Secretaries in the Federal Civil Service.