The head coach of the national under-23 men’s football team, Samson Siasia, on Monday released a list of 30 players for camping in preparation for the Rio 2016 Olympic Games.
A statement from the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) in Abuja revealed that the invited players included goalkeeper Emmanuel Daniel, and defenders Erhun Obanor and Stanley Dimgba.
Other invited players are Kufre Ebong, Ndifreke Effiong, Ubong Ekpai and Daniel Etor, alongside newcomers such as Godwin Obaje, Julius Emiloju, Ifeanyi Mathew, Kabiru Moshood and Harrison Ibukun.
The statement said the invited players are expected to arrive at the Starview Hotel in Abuja on Tuesday with their international passports, and that training would commence on Wednesday.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the 2016 Olympics will hold in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil from Aug. 5 to Aug. 21.
THE INVITED PLAYERS
- Emmanuel Daniel (Rangers)
- Yusuf Mohammed (Kano Pillars)
- Daniel Emmanson (Akwa United)
- Omasteye Alex (First Bank)
- Sincere Seth (Rhapsody FC)
- Oduduwa Segun (Nath FC)
- Obanor Erhun (MFM FC)
- Ahamefule Chizoba (Abia Warriors)
- Ndifreke Effiong (Abia Warriors)
- Chima Akas (Enyimba FC)
- Timothy Danladi (Katsina United)
- Stanley Okorom (MFM FC)
- Harrison Ibukun (Akwa United)
- Ubong Ekpai (Akwa United)
- David Itoho (Nath FC)
- Kabiru Moshood (Ikorodu United)
- Bright Onyedikachi (FC IfeanyiUbah)
- Ifeanyi Mathew (Kano Pillars)
- Tiongoli Tonbara (Bayelsa United)
- Olisah Ndah (Rivers FC)
- Julius Emiloju (MFM FC)
- Joseph Osadiaye (Enyimba FC)
- Daniel Etor (Enyimba FC)
- Austine Dimgba (Sunshine Stars)
- Ezekiel Mbah (Kano Pillars)
- Abdulrahman Taiwo (Kwara United)
- Godwin Obaje (Wikki Tourists)
- Kufre Ebong (Akwa United)
- Uchenna Agha (Freestans FC)
- Godwin Aguda (Rangers FC)