It’s no longer news that media girl, Toke Makinwa has officially filed a divorce petition to end her 18-month marriage to fitness coach, Maje Ayida.
What most people don’t know are the real reasons she was filing such a suit when she’s never publicly addressed the issue
In simpler terms, here are some of the reasons she has filed for divorce from her hubby, Maje Ayida;
1. The lady (Anita Solomon) Maje Ayida cheated on her with delivered a baby boy in United Kingdom. She presently lives with him in Toke and Maje’s former matrimonial home.
2. Maje claimed to not have money to take care of her & pay their bills, but was able to pay for Anita’s upkeep and travel expenses to the UK to have their baby.
3. Following the birth of the child, Maje became physically and emotionally tied with his baby mama.
4. Prior to the scandal, Toke was meant to sign an endorsement deal worth N20 million with a telecommunications giant in Nigeria. However, following the widespread negative media publicity arising from Maje’s adultery, the company withdrew from the deal.
5. Toke alleges that Maje continued in his adulterous acts after it became public and boasted on several occasions that he wished to have been married to someone else.
6. Maje took pride in doing whatever he desired, discussed his business dealings and took advice only from his baby mama.
7. Any slight complaint Toke made usually resulted in Maje going on a rant, seriously nagging and making use of vulgar abuse in the clear view of their domestic staff, church members, and neighbours.
8. She alleges that Maje also made threats to physically assault her. Living with him became uncomfortable and unconducive.
In more complicated legal terms as written in the petition, the rest of the reasons are as follows;
9. That due to the 1st Respondent’s (Maje) apparent lack of love and affection to the Petitioner (Toke), it has never been a concern to the 1st Respondent if the Petitioner is in a good state of health. Living with the 1st Respondent became disconsolate and terrifying making the home most uncomfortable and unconducive.
10. Sometime in December 2014 and when several entreaties from the Petitioner had failed, in order to exploit other means of saving her marriage the Petitioner invited some of her family members and in-laws in order to seek a resolution of the matter. Rather, than yield to the Petitioner’s plight, the 1st Respondent continued his adulterous relationship with 2nd Respondent (Anita), became more resolute in embarrassing and disrespecting, the Petitioner such that verbal abuse/nagging to the knowledge of all the people living in the neighborhood from the 1st Respondent became a routine affair. The Petitioner further tried to persevere and bore all the insults, emotional and psychological abuse of the 1st Respondent from December 2014 to 8th November 2015 when she could no longer tolerate same and was thus forced to leave her matrimonial home. The 2nd Respondent presently lives with the 1st Respondent in their matrimonial home.
11. The adultery and irreconcilable differences have caused the irretrievable breakdown of the marriage between the Petitioner and the 1st Respondent, efforts at further reconciliation have failed and future attempts at reconciliation would be impracticable and not in the best interests of the Petitioner.
12. That from the foregoing, the 1st Respondent has behaved in such a way that the Petitioner cannot reasonably be expected to live together with him.